Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beginnings

I started baking sugar cookies on a whim.  I had intended them to be souvenirs for my daughter's baptismal party.  I thought it would be easy and little did I realize what was in store for me.  The baking part, although challenging was okay.  I've done a lot of baking since I was in High School and it was quite easy for me to follow recipes since I knew most of the basics.  The decorating part on the other hand was something I've never tried.

Lucky for me my SIL (sister-in-law) took up decorating classes and she was able to help me a lot in decorating the cookies.  Unfortunately, I was never able to take any pictures of those cookies nor the ones that followed after.  You see after the success of the first batch, we decided to give them away as thank you gifts to my daughter's doctors/surgeons and their secretaries.  Then during my daughter's first birthday, we made a batch of flower cookies to be given out to the children of my n@wie friends who hosted a party for her.

I knew I had to learn how to decorate on my own so once in a while I tried my best to dabble into a little decorating.  So this was how I started and these are a few of the cookies that I started out with:


because my daughter loves dogs
because my son loves elephants
and because it was Easter when I made these








Now these nicer ones were made by my SIL:





So the idea is to just keep on practicing and practicing until you get it right.  It also helps to do a little research on techniques and designs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment